Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Closer You Get Release Day Blitz

The Closer You Get Release Day Release Day Blitz
tcyg-comp
Book Title: The Closer You Get (A Fidelity Novel) Author: Carter Ashby Genre: Contemporary Romance Release Date: May 21, 2015 Hosted by: Book Enthusiast Promotions
Goodreads Button with Shadow
Book Blurb
If there’s one thing Rye Holcomb hates, it’s small, tight-knit towns with high virtues and zero tolerance for outsiders. Fidelity is just such a town. And Rye is just such an outsider. So when he and his brother, Cash, take jobs in Fidelity, Rye decides not to get too comfortable. Which is why he is avoiding some rather confusing feelings for his new boss, Cora McKay.
Cora was born, raised, and baptized in Fidelity. She owns a thriving construction business, has a close circle of friends, and is the breadwinner for her mother and four sisters. The one thing she lacks is a sex life, something she’s never longed for until now. One conversation with Rye sparks her sexual awakening, and, in spite of his reputation as a man-whore, Cora can’t resist giving in to his advances.
As Rye enjoys initiating his virgin employer, and Cash experiences a relationship with a man for the first time in his life, they begin to think of Fidelity as home. But small towns have brought them trouble in the past, and it appears Fidelity holds trouble for their future. Can their newfound relationships be enough to overcome a past that relentlessly follows them? Can two men who have been burned by love learn to trust again?
excerpt
He took one step toward her, closing the distance between them a little bit. “I’m sorry I hurt you, Cora. I’m sorry for what I did Sunday. That was just really shitty of me, and I got no excuse. But I figured out that I’ve done this to myself. You have every right to think badly of me. I walked into this town figuring it was just like any other town, so I might as well get mine while I could. I already had my mind made up, so when something sweet and amazing came my way, I didn’t have a fucking clue how to handle it.” Her heart pounded hard in her chest, and she found she couldn’t keep staring into his eyes. “Cora, when you smiled the first time, you changed my life. I haven’t been able to get you out of my head this whole time. I’ve been praying to God all week that I haven’t messed things up for good.” Now she felt she could barely breathe. “Did I? Did I mess things up for good?” She couldn’t even turn to look at him. He must have sensed it because he touched her chin with the tip of his finger and turned her head toward him. His eyes were so incredibly beautiful and earnest. She cleared her throat and in a husky voice, asked, “What is it you want with me?” “Just a chance. Let me prove to you that the guy you’ve known the past month isn’t really who I am. It’s just who I became after giving up on people. I can fix this, Cora.” She opened her mouth to answer though she didn’t know what to say. Thankfully, the sound of trucks approaching interrupted them. She turned toward the noise. “We should get back—” He spun her into his arms and pressed his lips to hers as he smoothed her hair off her forehead, leaving his hands to gently cup her face. The urgency and sincerity in his kiss undid her. She fisted her hands in his shirt and held on. “I want you,” he whispered against her lips. “I’ve never wanted anyone like I want you, Cora.”
Teasers
Biting
dominated
Dimples
now
playlist
Meet the Author
Carter Ashby is a hardworking housewife and homeschool mother by day, and a romance reader and writer by night. She lives in rural Missouri with her husband, three children, and two dogs.
Social Media
blognewsletter signuptwitterFacebookpinterestGoodreads
Buy the Book
tcyg-comp
amazon usamazon UKB&NkoboiBooks
Giveaway
BEPRectangle

No comments:

Post a Comment