Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Debt & The Doormat #1 The Baby & The Bride #2

booksBook 1:  The Debt & The Doormat (12/19/13)
Book 2: The Baby & The Bride (2/27/14)
By: Laura Barnard

e8392-synopsisBook 1:


Poppy and Jazz have been best friends from the first week of uni. Whenever these two get together trouble isn’t far away and things haven’t changed much. When Jazz gets herself into financial trouble Poppy, being a good friend, offers to help. She instead ends up being talked into swapping lives, with Jazz insisting it will be good and help her get over her broken heart.

Poppy is thrown into a new life, full of crazy housemates; there’s fitness freak Izzy, horrendously beautiful bitch Grace and the slightly gorgeous, if not incredibly grumpy Ryan. Quickly, with the help of Jazz, her life is thrown upside down. Madness ensues and her need to please everyone gets her in more trouble than she could ever imagine.

Before she knows it she’s got a fake boyfriend and is hiding so many secrets she’s scared they’ll spill out any minute. With a bullying boss, a sex crazed colleague, a mental mother and three brothers each with their own dramas, life has gotten pretty difficult for Poppy. And all of this would be much easier, if she could just stop falling over.

Will she get her life back to normal before her brother’s upcoming wedding? And will she want to?

Book 2:


Sequel to the #1 Amazon Best-Seller, The Debt & the Doormat (available for FREE)
Poppy and Jazz’s lives sound perfect on paper. Jazz has a new baby and Poppy’s getting married. But their realities are very different.

Poppy must strive to keep her cool new job with crazy hours, while trying to keep Ryan happy. Before she knows it her wedding has got out of control, thanks to her mother, the runners at work are bullying her, her parents are in financial difficulty and she’s doubting everything and everyone she ever knew.

Meanwhile Jazz is struggling with motherhood, something a credit card won’t fix. Why won’t this baby give her a break? Will Jazz be able to cope before she loses it?

And will Poppy make it down the aisle? Will Ryan even be waiting?

carter3(book 2)
‘It’s no big deal. Just that I had some pains and the doctors say I might be going into premature labour. They’re keeping me in. But I mean, I’m not even in much p…AAAAAIIIIINNNNN!!!!! Fuck! Fuck!’
‘Okay, just calm down Jazz and keep your legs together until I fly home,’ I say as reassuringly as I can.
‘Okay,’ she sniffs. ‘Can someone get me an epidural?!’ she screams into the background.
‘I thought you were doing a water birth!’
‘Fuck the water birth. When you get here, I’ll kick you in the stomach, fanny and cut your nipples off and then maybe, maybe, you’ll understand.’
The line goes dead.



7d67e-linkstobuyBook 1:
The Debt & The Doormat


b5b12b2


Book 2:
The Baby & The Bride
b5b12b2



7f6a8-authorbio

author
My name is Laura Barnard and I am an author from Hertfordshire, UK. My first chick-lit novel, The Debt & the Doormat was an Amazon number 1 best-seller and won Best Laugh Out Loud Book of 2013. It is available via Amazon, Smashwords, iBooks. Barnes and Noble, The Book Depository and many more.

In my spare time I enjoy drinking my body weight in tea, indulging in cupcakes the size of my face, drooling over hunks like Jamie Dornan, Ryan Gosling and Leo Dicaprio...oh and my husband of course! I like wearing yoga clothes and reading fitness magazines while I sit on the sofa and eat chocolate. I'm a real fan of the power nap and of course, READING!

I write not to get rich or famous, but because I LOVE writing. Even if one person tells me they enjoyed my book it makes the midnight typing worth it!

58825-authorlinks

b1 b2 b4

No comments:

Post a Comment