Friday, February 28, 2014

The Arrangment 14 Review

ferroThe Arrangement 14 (The Arrangement Series)
By: H.M. Ward
Release date: 2/24/2014


e8392-synopsis



Sean Ferro is a liar. Everything he’s ever told me melts away until only the truth remains and I don’t like what I see. Gabe tried to warn me, but I didn’t understand the depths of Sean’s corruption until he let them take me away. After everything we’ve been through, I’m crushed, but I refuse to accept this fate. Screw that, I’m not dying tonight.


ar14



candy2



I am late posting this review on here. I did post my reviews on Goodreads (as soon as I was finished with the last page!) and then B&N and Amazon when the links were Available.



Plot: 3.5  Characters: 5  Overall: 4


With a sad heart..... Let me start off by stating I had to fight my inner demons on giving this "installment" a full on 4 stars. This is the first book in the entire series I felt this way over. Since I am a faithful Sean and Avery follower and LOVE this series.

Let me get my inner demon problems out of the way first:
1.It felt shorter then the other books. While technically I went back and checked into this and it seems to be average with the other books in this series, I just couldn't get past the tug of it's "where the hell is the rest of my book" type feeling.So since I honestly know it's the same "averaged" length I can't hold it for a bad rating. It's just my personal opinion.
2. I felt like we pretty much started in the same place we ended.

Now on to the good stuff:
I still enjoyed the book and finished it at one setting since I didn't want to put it down. I think that majorly lied upon hoping to find out everything that is going on and who the shooter is from the last few books.

I felt like this book was packed with more action then some of the other books. It still had the equal amount of emotional roller coaster as we have all came to expect in the Sean and Avery world. And of course the drama is still there.

In these installment we start off with the Avery in "box" scenario that we were left with in AR13. And Sean and Black trying to make terms in the dorm room.

Avery is given some useful advise from Gabe. Will she listen? She is kind of confused with what he tells her, so she needs to peice it together better for her to fully understand what he means by this information. Since Gabe hasn't steared her wrong in the past she knows he is telling the truth.

From there we have the normal Sean and Avery drama, mixed in with an oh so sexy Trystan Scott! We find out the Mel is still holed up in the bar with Trystan (her dreamer boy!)After talking to Mel, Avery is trying to piece together things about the murder that occured a couple installments ago. I can't go into detail here as I don't want to reveal to much of what she learns from Black. This part is very interesting though. I will leave it at that.

Both Black and Sean give Avery an offer. She is having problems trying to decide what to do. The book centers around these questions. She enlists the help of Mel and Marty but both have different outlooks and opinions. She needs to do some searching from within to give her the answer she is needing. (This installment we don't learn her answer)

Sean, Black and Gabe all seem to be working together in some form to figure out who this mystery shooter/killer is. Every plan they have seems to fall through and something happens, or Avery doesn't cooperate. (I am starting to get sick of Averys you can't tell me what to do attitude! You would think she would be more thankful to people who are trying to keep her safe and figure out who is doing this. But is she? Nope)

So after my inner demons I loved this book. I just wish their were a faster story line like at the start of the series. I feel like it's starting to lose some of it's momentum. Which in turn makes me VERY sad. I say this because I feel like people might think they are wasting money when they aren't really learning much.

With that being said, if the momentum and story line picked up I could see this series making it several more books.

I leave you with this shocker: By the end of the book there will be TWO dead bodies. Who are they? Read it to get your answer to that and what TWO offers Avery faces.

(This entire series is one of my favorite reads, so don't let my 4 stars scare you away. Every book before this I would highly suggest 5+ stars. This one single book just didn't give me the umph I wanted. But that didn't get me down, I will continue to ride this series out, as I love Avery, Sean, Mel, Black, Gabe etc. The characters do it for me!)

7f6a8-authorbioH.M. Ward is the #1 bestselling New Adult author in the world, having sold over 4 million books in 2013. This NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, USA TODAY, and Amazon #1 bestselling writer's series include: THE FERRO FAMILY: DAMAGED, THE ARRANGEMENT, and STRIPPED; as well as SCANDALOUS, TRYSTAN SCOTT, and SECRETS. Ward was recently featured in FORBES, the WALL STREET JOURNAL, and the WASHINGTON POST.

58825-authorlinks

 

b1 b7 b6 b4 b2

 

candy4



b13 b3 b2 b5b14b12b11

 

sig

No comments:

Post a Comment