Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Little Moose Who Couldn't Go to Sleep (Children's book)

kids

 

The Little Moose Who Couldn't Go to Sleep
A Maynard Moose Tale
By: Willy Claflin, James Stimson
Pub Date   March 7
Pre-order now at:b5


carter2

From the award winning creative team who brought you The Uglified Ducky, winner of the 2011 Texas Bluebonnet Award,Rapunzel and the Seven Dwarfs, and The Bully Goat Grim comes the fourth fractured fairy tale from Maynard Moose. The Little Moose Who Couldn’t go to Sleep practically named itself. Part cautionary tale, part travelogue, Little Moose will take you places no moose has been before, well except Mother Moose. Nevermind that. If you want to do well in school, impress your parents and show up your siblings, a good night’s sleep is essential. So grab a cup of tea, hang on for a ride into space and learn the secret of, uh, of MAHHH Dingy-Ding!

carter3

kids2

Have you ever been to this piece of the sky? It is where you can find Mother Moose's Kitchen. And what happens there? Here is the rhyme I have learned when I was but a little moose myself:
"Mother Moose, Mother Moose, where have you been?
I been to the kitchen and then back again.
Mother Moose, Mother Moose, what did you there?
I make the whole Universe out of thin air!"

kids3

 

Surely the Sheep of Sleep will come to the rescue! It is time to go visit Mother Moose's Kitchen, far off in the sky, and get some tea. Would you like to go?

carter4

 

After getting the book on our kindle I thought it would be a great option to read my children at bedtime. I let them check the photo's and pages out ahead of time so they would be prepared for the story.
My kids really enjoyed the pictures. I thought they were well detailed and matched the story it was telling perfectly. I think that children who can't read yet would still enjoy this book as a stand in picture book.
It was very well written, the characters were portrayed as animals. The plot of the book was just perfect for children. It was short and to the point. I didn't feel like it was drawn out. It was just the great length.
It was a cute little story about a Moose who couldn't sleep. He went around taking advise about how to sleep and what others have done to sleep in the past.
Overall I would buy this book in paperback for my kids. It's a story I know they would love to read again and actually look at the book and not just the kindle version we have.
The Story line and Illustration were both amazing.

sig

No comments:

Post a Comment